Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What Columbia Needs...What I need...

I love cupcakes. My partner happened upon a bargain book about making vegan cupcakes at the Columbia Public Library monthly booksale. My friend and I ate it up. Quite literally. We have made so many of those cupcakes and what we discovered is that vegan cupcakes are delicious. Right now I am working on my recipes with bargain book as inspiration.

Fast forward a few months, and I have gained a baby and lost a job. The idea pops into my head that I should make and sell cupcakes in the city of Columbia which I love!

There is a plethora of independent business in Columbia. Cool people, fun things to do...and many other things. But what I think Columbia could really use is a fun bakery that features cupcakes handmade by local people. The Cupcakes would be natural, organic if possible and made fresh to order. There would be a focus on vegan cupcakes (ask us why) and other baked goods will be rotated and featured.

I love my life, I have a good education, a great and very new baby and a fantastic partner. I need a way to help pay the bills that is fun and allows me to work with my baby. I also love to try new things with baking, especially with a very good friend of mine (she is now in on this project, yay!).

Since these things seem to go together...I decided it is time to get started...

I will post what cupcakes I have available on a rotating basis. Pictures of product will be included as much as possible.
I will post the price and a fun story about where the cupcakes recipe came from or about something funny that happens while baking (i.e. baking with a 12 week old).

Check back and order often!
Tell your friends to check out this blog and help me spread the word!!!

Naturally Yours

No comments:

Post a Comment